Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: HAPPY DAY!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member HenrySuper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I and a friend bought a Canon 514 XL-S AF today! We paid about 150 $ for it! Good price? I find the optics greeeeeeeeat!!!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 12, 2002 09:18 PM: Message edited by: HenrySuper8 ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm guessing. It sounds like you actually went to either a place of residence or a business and checked out the camera first?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member HenrySuper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, to complicated engrrish [img]smile.gif[/img] at this time (3:19 in the morning)... eh explain what u mean!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It sounds like you didn't buy it on e-bay. It sounds to me like you were able to see the camera before buying it.

    Is that correct?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member HenrySuper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well yes i bought it in a very good photo shop in stockholm!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that's great that you were able to see the camera first, ask questions, perhaps learn about the camera a bit, all of this before buying the camera.

    If it comes with a warranty, all the better. Does this store sell other super-8 cameras and accessories?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member HenrySuper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, goto www.wibergsfoto.se and click on the button "Smalfilm"
    there you go!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I checked the cameras on their inventory list. I don't know the bauers well enough, but otherwise it looks like you picked a good camera.

    It may not have manual exposure (I'm not sure), but it probably has exposure lock, which is good.

    What do you know about the manual exposure options for the camera? The camera will probably take a nice picture even if you keep it in automatic.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe we discussed the different canon cameras on another topic post. If you are curious you might want to look for it. It's probably on page two or page three of the forum archives.

    Also, Cameraguy knows the Canon 514XLS-AF (AF stands for Auto Focus).

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations, Henry, I know how excited I was when I upgraded from my simple GAF camera to a more professional model...you're gonna have a lot of fun with that camera! Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •